Saturday, January 9, 2016

Does God Give us Bad Things in Answer to Prayer


January 9

Does God Give us Bad Things in Answer to Prayer

If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? (Luke 11:11-12)

“Don’t ask God for patience because He will send you trials.” “I asked God for a brand new car but he gave me a second hand Volkswagen in order to humble me.” “I prayed for my uncle’s healing but the Lord took him home. I guess it was just his time to go.” “I asked God for a healthy baby but He gave me a mentally deformed child to help me learn to be compassionate.” “I asked God to use me in ministry. He allowed me to have a crippling accident so that I can minister to disabled people.”

What a reputation God has been given for answering prayer by giving us things that hurt us. Certainly we rationalize it to make the bad that God supposedly gives to appear as if it were something good—a blessing in disguise, but deep down inside we know that these things lead us to expect very little that is positive. Many people hear these types of testimonies and do not want to pray. They think that God might slap them with the very opposite of what they have asked for.

As far as I am concerned, this has been a sneaky deception of Satan to hinder prayer in the body of Christ. Why pray if God will only make things worse in order to humble you, teach you a lesson, or punish you for bothering Him in the first place? Only a masochist will attempt to ask anything from this kind of God.


This is why Jesus came to show us a different picture of our Heavenly Father. God is not looking to harm people. He wants to help us, bless us, and deliver us from the plans of Satan for our lives. He will not give rocks for bread, snakes for fish, or scorpions for eggs. When people approached Jesus for healing, He did not kill them or inflict further sickness upon them. He healed them. Jesus and the Father are ONE. He does not do evil in answer to requests for good. When you pray, trust God to only give you good things. Reject and stand against all satanic substitutes.

http://www.vindicatinggod.org

http://www.cvbibleteachingcenter.org

If you like these blogs, why not buy our daily devotional book, "Vindicating God: A Unique Daily devotional:
http://www.amazon.com/Vindicating-God-devotional-defends-accusations/dp/1522932771/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1452352238&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=vinidcating+God

No comments:

Post a Comment