Saturday, July 27, 2019

Commentary on Job 1:21

"And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD." (Job 1:21)

We often quote Scripture, very often out of context, in a way that denigrates God's character and paints Him as the author of evil. Job 1:21 is among many of such passages used to mischacterize Him.

We have been teaching a series on the book of Job in our Bible study class and I will be dealing with Job 1:21 specifically this coming Thursday. However, thought some of you might be blessed with a quote from a commentary I found where the author opposes using that passage to teach that all evil is God's will.


Visit our web page:

Like us on Facebook:

Follow us on Twitter:

Subscribe to our YouTube channel:

No comments:

Post a Comment