Monday, April 15, 2019

Jeremiah 19:7 in the Permissive Sense




Jeremiah 19:7

How the King James Version translated it:
“And I will make void the counsel of Judah and Jerusalem in this place; and I will cause them to fall by the sword before their enemies, and by the hands of them that seek their lives: and their carcases will I give to be meat for the fowls of the heaven, and for the beasts of the earth.”

How it should have been translated:
“‘In this place I will ruin the plans of you people who live in Jerusalem and in other places in Judah. I will allow your enemies who want to kill you to kill many of you with their swords. Then I will allow your corpses to remain on the ground to be food for vultures and wild animals.” (Unlocked Dynamic Bible)


Visit our web page:

Like us on Facebook:

Follow us on Twitter:

Subscribe to our YouTube channel:

No comments:

Post a Comment