Saturday, May 7, 2022

Calvinist Proof-Texts Answered: Is God’s Drawing Irresistible?

 


Calvinist Proof-Texts Answered
 
“No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:44)
 
Is God’s Drawing Irresistible?
 
“And you were long-suffering unto them [years many], and drew out patience unto them [years many], and attested to them by your spirit, by the hand of your prophets.  But they did not give ear, and you gave them into the hand of the peoples of the land.” (Neh. 9:30; Apostolic Bible Polyglot w/ Strong’s Numbers)

“The LORD [at a distance shall be seen] by him, saying, [affection With an everlasting] I loved you; on account of this I drew you for pitying.” (Jer. 31:3; Apostolic Bible Polyglot w/ Strong’s Numbers)

Commentary: The Greek word for draw is helkuō. It is the exact same Greek word used in the Septuagint version of the Old Testament Scriptures cited above. Furthermore, God complains to Israel, “I called you, but ye answered not” (Jer. 7:13; 35:17). Here we see that God’s drawing is not an irresistible grace. On the contrary, Jesus said, “And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me” (John 12:32; again, same Greek word). Obviously, all of the men that Jesus draws to Himself do not answer His call.

 ===================================================

Visit our web page:

Like us on Facebook:

Follow us on Gab.com

Subscribe to us on Minds.com:

Become a Contact with me on MeWe:

Subscribe to our YouTube channel:

No comments:

Post a Comment